I always have good suits in my wardrobe, they’re a staple of my weekly regime and I’m always on the hunt for new cuts and colours.
Spring and summer are great seasons to play with different colours and style. If you haven’t been into the Claudie Pierlot store in Covent Garden, then make some time to pay it a visit. It’s full of great French designs, and all of her designs are effortless and and timeless.
For this blog I am styling a Claudie Pierlot tailored blazer and shorts. (Yup my all time fav combo!!!), and I’m pairing this outfit with a super fun handbag from Lulu Guiness – finished off with Dune London floral sandals.
Here are my tips for buying your perfect summer suit:
- Pick the right material: Summer and spring are all about cotton and linen for a bit of easy breezy. You want to pick a light material and avoid all things wool!
- Go for more relaxed cut: Sometimes I would even go up a size in the blazer if I wanted to robe it over my shoulders. I’m not a fan of a tight-fitted suit in summer. Imagine looking chic and comfortable rather than hot and stuffy.
- Pick the right bottom to go with it: Summer is all about tailored shorts, mini skirts, wide leg trousers and palazzo pants. Any that goes with a glass of Aperol spritz!
- Invest in a great blazer: Trust me the one piece of clothing that I never throw out or give up is a good blazer. I can wear it now and in 10 years, and it will still be stylish.
- All about colours! When I was in Sydney I used to wear colours all year round, but now that I’m in London, I just end up wearing a lot of darker colours in winter. So summer is where I just go all out and have fun and experiment with lots of colours.
If you need more shopping advice then make sure you tune into my Come Shopping with me in Covent Garden blog!