Let me introduce you to Surry Hills, my old hood! I LOVE Surry Hills. For those not familiar with Sydney, it’s a bit hard to compare with other places around the world. Maybe Clerkenwell in London? Maybe parts of SoHo NYC? It’s a Sydney city fringe suburb with some great Victorian architecture and plenty of cool coffee houses, restaurants, bakeries etc. I recently moved away to get a bit more greenery, but I miss this place – BIG TIME! So here is my walk through of Surry Hills, with a particular focus on the best little pockets to take great urban fashion blogging photos…
Here is a cheat-sheet to finding the best little pockets:
- Head to either Brooklyn Hide (I love those guys – great bagels) or Reuben Hills for coffee and planning – loads of cool little lanes and nice tree-lined streets around there
- If you happen to be in Surry Hills on the first Saturday of the month, check out Surry Hills Markets
- A lot of these shots were taken around Ann Street and Collins Street – click on those links to find them on Google Maps
- Bourke Street Bakery is a bit of an institution to go for if you’re into delicious almond croissants, fresh sourdough and desserts
- Once you’re done getting lost, consider wandering down to Campbell Street for some funky bites, or keep heading down the hill to Chat Thai if you like to make things spicy! Or maybe Chur Burger – check out the photos below!