My first diamond came to me in the form of an engagement ring, after my husband proposed to me while overlooking the Tokyo skyline at night – it was a magical moment and I’ve treasured that ring ever since. However, I’ve never really revisited the purchase of diamonds again for myself, even though it is my birthstone… up until now.
Recently I began working with De Beers and have been able to try out their full range, and in doing so I discovered their ‘Bridal Collection,’ which features pieces that are aimed at bridal guests, bridal parties and brides, who might be looking for something elegant, sophisticated and within one’s means.
The For You, Forever service is quite unique and personal, whereby you are guided by an in-store Brand Ambassador during a private session where you get to design your own ring from start to finish. The service starts with you designing your own engagement ring, by selecting your ring style from De Beers’s extensive portfolio. You are then able to choose your own diamond; one that you not only bond with, but can also calibrate to suit your budget. Then comes choosing The Carat, Colour, Clarity and Cut to suit you – these are the all-important 4 Cs that De Beers coined 80 years ago. Finally, choose the perfect setting and select from platinum, yellow, pink or gold, on selected pieces. The For You Forever Ring service starts from £2000 and bracelets start from £1925!
I’m a romantic at heart and I love going to weddings. Here are some of my top tips of how to look timeless and elegant at a wedding as a guest. See more De Beers Bridal jewellery here
- Plan ahead, check dress the code on invitation: I’m a bit of a fanatic when it comes to finding the perfect dress for a special occasion. Always make sure you’re dressed to lift the theme of the wedding – the bride and groom will put in so much effort for their wedding, and I think it is lovely when guests put in a little effort to look the part.
- Colours: I always go for neutral colours, as I find they tend to be a bit more versatile. I want to look elegant and classy, but at the same I don’t want to stand out too much. It is the bride’s day after all! For Western weddings, the safe bet can sometimes be to wear black. For Asian weddings, wearing black is a huge no no. So, depending of what type of wedding it is, pick your colours appropriately. I just find any peach, beige, pink or baby blue and teal seem to do quite well. Avoid wearing a white dress if you can!
- The correct Fit: You can have the most amazing dress but if it doesn’t fit well then there’s really no use. It has to fit your body correctly. This is why I like to get my dress a little earlier just in case I need to have any alterations done. For me personally, dresses are usually too long for my body, and I often have to get the hem taken up. Nothing worse than a stunning dress that’s too long! Oh and stay classy ladies – not too much skin unless the bride and groom like it that way!
- Simplicity is key: I always try to go for sophisticated and elegant pieces of jewellery. Naturally a few classic pieces from De Beers will elevate your outfit and allow you to shine and look timeless!
- Attention to detail: Get a mani and pedi a few days before the event. You want your hands to look beautiful on the day. I usually do my hair and makeup myself, spending 15 minutes extra before I leave the house just to make sure they both look perfect. Again, I’m going for a relaxed look with soft curls, either in a low bun or out. I personally don’t wear a lot of make up – maybe just some smokey eyes and a lipstick to suit.
- Smile: Your best asset and something that can light up any room is your smile!
So, getting back to the diamond accessories…
The For You, Forever service starts at £1,925 and is offered throughout the De Beers global network of stores, with many bridal pieces also available online. To take advantage of their intimate For You, Forever individually crafted service, you can book an appointment online by clicking here.
In these photos I am wearing:
- De Beers Aura Stud Earrings Here
- De Beers Aura Pear Cut Diamond Necklace Here
- De Beers Aura Princess Cut Solitaire Ring Here
- De Beers Micro Pave White Gold Bangle Here
- De Beers My First De Beers Aura Diamond Bracelet Here (Pear Cut, Princess Cut, Diamond Cut)
As one of the most trusted names in diamonds, De Beers is also committed a progressive approach to sourcing diamond sustainably and ethically, and was instrumental in passing the Kimberly Process – you can read more about this commitment by clicking here.
Rediscover De Beers at one of their global stores, or, if you’re lucky enough to be in London, be sure to check out their flagship store at 50 Old Bond Street – you can click here to use their 3D explorer to sample the space before visiting. It’s an amazing street for shooting glamour photos in London, so you might as well drop by and check out the store while you’re at it!
* Sponsored article disclaimer: Although this article is sponsored, all opinions are my own. Ash x