I had so much anticipation and excitement for this year’s Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia event, but I was only able to attend the first two days before I boarding a plane to London. To me, fashion week is like a reunion where you get to see all your friends from all over the country in one place. Not only do you get to hang out with your friends but you get to witness the most amazing fashion trends and some seriously kick-ass street style.
I kicked off Australian fashion week 2017 with a spectacular show by Dion Lee, showcasing his resort 2018 collection at the Sydney Opera House last Sunday. Dion’s resort 2018 collection is everything I expected and more. The show was beautiful, he nailed it.
I went backstage to interview Redken Global Artist – John Pulitano just before the show started and chatted to him about his hair inspiration for the show. He wanted to “keep the girls individual and a little bit rebellious.” He brought together ‘attitude’ to the architectural look without making them too much like evening wear! What a genius! It’s basically what all of us girls want. That effortless, but polished, look.
I first met John at the Dion Lee pre-launch a few weeks ago where he actually tried this look on my hair! The product that I can’t live without this year is Redken wind blown! I guess this product is a cross between hair spray and a dry shampoo. It lifts your hair and gives it amazing volume – mine stayed soft and touchable without it being crunchy or crispy. (No one wants cruchy hair!!! Hahaha.) So here’s how to get the runway look!
RESORT ENVY | REDKEN HOW TO
- On dry hair, using the arch of your eyebrow as a guide, create a deep, imperfect side part. Pulling the hair back to the crown, work REDKEN Rootful 06 Root Lifting Spray into the roots and milk through the mid-lengths and ends
- Finger dry to accentuate the natural texture.
- Using a tong, curl random sections of the mid-lengths to create definition and movement.
- Gently tousle to create an undone mood. Spray REDKEN Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray throughout the hair from roots to ends to promote grip, texture and lightweight hold.
- Gather the lengths at the nape and leave out a small section at the back. Braid this small section and use it like a hair tie to secure the pony tail by tying it into a knot around the lengths.
- To finish the look, tuck a section of hair behind the ear and pull some sections of hair out to effortlessly frame the face. Mist the entire look with REDKEN Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray.
REDKEN Rootful 06 Root Lifting Spray $34.95 | https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/redken/redken-rootful-06.html
REDKEN Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray $34.95 | https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/redken/redken-wind-blown-05.html
Huge Thank you to the Redken Australia Team for having me this year. You are all amazing!!
Photo credit by my surrogate Instagram Husband, Wes http://sophilosia.com/